October 21 Hello, Repenters! I hope you're having a wonderful week! We're almost halfway to Friday! Today the ACTIVITY CHECK was posted, so please, please, please go save your characters! You have until October 31 to save the ones you want to continue playing. Spotlight nominations will be posted soon after the activity check closes, so be sure to think about who you would like to nominate!

October 5 IT'S HERE. OUR NEW SKIN IS FINALLY HERE! As you can see, the staff is super excited, and we hope that you lovely members are too! There is a bunch of new stuffs but also a lot of the same! For all of the details about the new skin, PLEASE READ THIS ANNOUNCMENT!

updates
currently no new articles to report. read more
click to send tips ♥
art festival
OCT 11-12 Calling all artists! The Austin Independent School District is hosting an art festival at a local high school in order to raise funds for the school year. Students have been working vigorously for the past two months to organize the event, and come October 10, their hard work will come to fruition. Local singing and dancing acts will be singing down on the football field; dozens of concessions will be set up in the parking lot to sell food, arts and crafts, clothes, and more! Everyone is welcome; in fact, they’re encouraged to come down and pay tribute to the local artists around town. Not enough incentive for you? Celebrity endorsements will be present at the event to sign autographs and interact with fans, so come on down and share a home-made cookie with your favorite television actor or country singer! CLICK TO READ MORE
events

Add Reply

keeping the good part of me ,, char/nate!
LIAM JAMISON
 Posted: Jul 20 2014, 05:21 PM
anikah is currently Offline
years old
college junior
homosexual
Single
11 posts
na
college student

i'll wait for you always
He was nervous. Liam Jamison was so fucking nervous right then and there that he was almost certain that his knees were visibly shaking. He knew for a fact his hands actually were shaking because he could see it as he grabbed the clean, black t-shirt from his bed and tugged it over his head. It wasn't a date. He had to keep reminding himself that. Nate hadn't asked him out on a date. It was just two friends going to watch a monster movie marathon together. As friends. But Liam wanted it to be a date. God, did he want it to be a date. But Nate hadn't really given him any reason to think that he would want to go out on a date with him anyway, so Liam tried to keep him in the friend-zone of his brain. He had to, for his sanity at the very least.

So he didn't bother to style his hair, leaving it in the messy style he usually wore it in. And he didn't put on his best pair of jeans, just a pair he wore a lot. And he didn't put on any cologne, just settled for deodorant and the aftershave he always used. This was a friend date, nothing more than that. So he tried to look how he usually looked. Just a little more polished because he hadn't been at work or in class all day. He had basically spent all day pacing around the apartment trying to chill out. He was so glad that Annie had been out all day because he knew she would have pushed and pushed until he told her what was going on with him. She would never let him live it down. And since it wasn't a date, he didn't want her acting like it was.

But when the time finally came for him to leave, Liam found himself running around like crazy to make sure he had everything and looked okay. Once he was sure he was good to go, he grabbed his keys and headed to his car so he could meet Nate at the theater. Despite being a ball of nerves, he was actually really excited for the marathon. He loved a good monster flick and getting the chance to make fun of old time moving making was even better. Plus spending time with Nate was always a plus in his book. By the time he got to the theater Nate had texted him the address to, Liam had calmed down a little and felt more in control.

"Hey!" He called out when he saw Nate waiting in front of the theater. "Have you been waiting long? I lost track of time at home." Lie. He had really just freaked out last minute and it caused him to leave later than planned.

tag: char/nate
© kristen
PM
^
NATHANIEL MARTIN
 Posted: Jul 24 2014, 06:54 PM
CHAR is currently Offline
years old
barista
homosexual
Single
4 posts
coming soon
college student

user posted image

The invitation Nate extended to Liam the night before had been incredibly impromptu. One moment he was saying goodnight, the next he was blurting out information he had read off of a Facebook advertisement. Thinking he could fall asleep after that ended up being a huge joke, and even though a casual “can’t sleep” text would’ve sufficed to pick up another conversation with Liam, he just couldn’t bring himself to press send. Interacting with boys he liked differed dramatically from anything he’d felt for his previous girlfriends. He had no problem texting them first before—in fact, he was glad to do so. Now he just felt downright needy, and that bothered him.

He tossed and turned throughout the night. His mind spun possible scenarios for tomorrow’s plans. One question burned a hole through Nate’s brain: could Liam ever feel the same? He kept denying what he wanted to hear. Of course Liam wasn’t into him like that. A great guy like him? No way. Not a chance. Liam could land any guy he set his eyes on, and if Nate’s memory served him right, there was already another guy in the picture. What was his name again? David? The sooner he accepted that nothing could ever happen between he and Liam the better, but staring up at his ceiling, he just couldn’t shake his fantasies that one day their stars might align.

Ironically, the morning came and went in a blink of an eye. It seemed as if the moment he switched off his mind for the night, his internal clock jumped ahead several hours. Nate suddenly wished he had been more productive with his restlessness the night prior. His room looked like it had been ransacked by monkeys by the time he found an outfit he thought suitable for his monster movie marathon with Liam. A denim jacket and a crew-neck white tee meshed well with his slicked-back, blonde hair. As a precautionary measure, Nate added another pump of pomade to secure his hair. Then he was off to the movie theater downtown. Butterflies were already in flight.

While Nate had placed punctuality as his top priority, the same could not be said for Liam. The blonde boy showed up almost ten minutes early in the first place, so every minute passed the time they scheduled felt like an eon. Nate paced in front of the ticket window, his mind buzzing. Look, Liam didn’t want to come after all, the devil on his shoulder sneered. No response from his conscience, who drowned in disappointment minutes ago. If he didn’t do something to occupy himself, he knew he’d go mad, so he stepped up to the ticket window. “Two—er, I mean one… yeah, one, for the marathon.” He slid seven dollars under the opening in the window. “Enjoy your movie.” Nate nodded, turning a one-eighty before reversing and facing the ticket window again. “On second thought, I’ll take another ticket.”

Two tickets in hand, Nate finally stepped away from the ticket window to find Liam heading in his direction. “Hey, dude,” Nate greeted, flashing a toothy grin. The butterflies in his stomach amped up to another level, but he miraculously managed to keep his cool. “Waiting? Nah, I just pulled up a couple minutes ago.” Lie. Yet there was no way in hell Nate was about to admit he’d been waiting outside in the summer heat for twenty minutes. “C’mon, let’s head inside. It’s like a billion degrees out here.”

PM
^
LIAM JAMISON
 Posted: Jul 28 2014, 07:49 PM
years old
college junior
homosexual
Single
11 posts
na
college student

i'll wait for you always
It was kind of amazing how a not-date could make a guy so nervous. He really hadn't thought he would be feeling this way when Nate had invited him out with him. It was one of those moments where you said yes because the idea sounded fun. And then later you realized just how not fun it might end up being. Not because Nate wasn't fun. God, he was. Liam loved hanging out with the other man. But it was more the fact that Liam was freaking out too much to really be sure he would have fun in the end. What if he said something stupid? What if he did something stupid? He didn't like the feeling that settled in his chest at the idea that something would happen that would make Nate not want to hang out with him anymore.

But those thoughts, all of the nervous rambling inside of his head vanished when Liam made it to where Nate was waiting for him. He couldn't quite place the look on the other man's face, but it almost looked like relief. "I would have called, but Annie hates it when I talk on my phone in the car. I get lectures about car accidents and hospital bills. We can't afford a funeral, Liam! So try not to kill yourself." He mocked Annie's voice perfectly, seeing how well he knew her and how long as well. He gave Nate an apologetic smile, trying to sell his words even more. He could tell that the other man had lied about not having been waiting. Liam knew that Nate was punctual. If he was on time, he was late. Liam on the other hand had a bit of a fluid relationship with time. He knew it was there, but tended to obey it when he wanted to. And only when he wanted to.

"Besides, me showing up for the movie was probably more of what you had in mind instead of visiting me in the hospital," he joked, shoving his hands into his pockets. Nodding his head at Nate's suggestion, he couldn't agree more. "Dude, right? I feel like I'm suffocating every time I walk outside." He moved with the other man to the doors, but paused when he remembered he hadn't bought himself a ticket. "Oh wait man, don't we need to get our tickets? Or did you get yours already?" He asked as he walked over to the booth, pulling out his wallet as he went.

© kristen
PM
^
NATHANIEL MARTIN
 Posted: Aug 3 2014, 12:11 PM
years old
barista
homosexual
Single
4 posts
coming soon
college student

user posted image

Back home, Nate never really had to worry about being stood-up. Girls were much crazier about him than he ever managed to be about them, so he always snagged a date to the movies, prom, homecoming, etc. Waiting for Liam now set him on edge, which truth be told, could’ve been a humbling experience for the young man, whose ego made the sun look tiny in comparison. But that didn’t take away the sting of wondering if someone he cared about would even show up. Not that he thought Liam capable of leaving him hanging like that.

And lo and behold, Liam appeared, late but there nonetheless. Nate was too relieved to be angry with him. Nate customarily went in for a hug whenever he met friends back in Minnesota, and he hadn’t magically lost his inclination to do so in Austin. He just contained his urges better apparently. Right then he would have loved to go in for a hug, but he was far too worried about keeping his breakfast down to worry about that, too. The magnitude of his nerves was ridiculous, especially since this wasn’t the first time he and Nate had spent time together alone. In fact, they hung out quite frequently—but every so often his mind liked to flip into hyperdrive.

Bodily malfunctions aside, Nate couldn’t be happier to spend time with the other man. He acknowledged Liam’s explanation for coming late unannounced with a nod. “No worries, dude.” Ironic considering Nate’s mind was 99.9% worry at that moment. “I have to side with Annie on this one—safety first.” If anything would have happened to Liam on account of meeting him, Nate would never forgive himself, and he was sure Annie would skin him alive for putting her step-brother in harm’s way. The mere act of thinking about Liam hurting himself upset him enough as it is. He couldn’t imagine how torn up he’d be if such a fate became a reality.

And, again, Liam was correct. Nate would much rather visit Liam at a movie theater than a hospital. The turmoil in his stomach now would seem petty set against the turmoil seeing Liam laid in a hospital bed, dressed in one of those blue nightgowns patients wear. Hospitals sucked, and Nate didn’t feel like spending another moment wasting his brain power thinking about them. What better way to change the subject than with the weather? Or heading inside? Whatever the case, he nearly thought he’d be able to herd Liam inside without worrying about the tickets, but alas, that was not the case. Of course it wasn’t.

“Actually, Liam…” Nate stopped walking. For the first time, Nate had no idea how he wanted to word what he needed to say. All he needed to do was open his mouth and say, “Liam, I already bought our tickets.” For the first time, he just couldn’t force the words out. Fuck, fuck, fuck. “Liam, I kind of, sort of already bought your ticket.” The words ran together when he spoke them, but at least they were out. “Figured it’d be faster…” he added.

PM
^
LIAM JAMISON
 Posted: Sep 5 2014, 07:09 PM
years old
college junior
homosexual
Single
11 posts
na
college student

i'll wait for you always
If he hadn't been so focused on the moment, Liam probably would have missed the thick tension between the two of them the moment he walked up to Nate. But it wasn't a bad tension. It was something he couldn't quite name, something he had never really experienced before. Of course, he had never really been in this situation before. Going on a not-date with a guy he was falling head over heels for. Not that he had really been on many dates to begin with, but he had been on enough to know that the air between them wasn't exactly normal. But naming it? That was something completely different. He wasn't sure what it was they had between them, but he hoped with all his might that it was actually something. Anything. He had never really wanted anything in his entire life the way he wanted this.

Pausing in his trek to the ticket window, Liam looked back at Nate when he spoke up. Something about his tone told him to stop and listen, not sure what it was the other man was trying to get out. But Liam being Liam, he waited with his hands tucked into the pockets of his jeans and a raised eyebrow. And when the words finally escaped Nate's lips, Liam felt his heart rate pick up just a little bit more. Was this a date? Did that mean they were on a date? But then Nate continued and Liam forced an easy smile onto his face and nodded his head. "Cool," he said as he walked back over to Nate and hooked an arm over his shoulders. "I'll get the snacks then," he offered effortlessly. It was either that or he offered to give Nate the money for his ticket to even it out. Because figured it'd be faster clearly stated Nate's intention for the outing. And that it was not date-like. Honestly, Liam felt a little foolish at the thought that it might have been something more. He should have known better. Nate was too good for a guy like him.

Guiding Nate inside with his arm still hooked over his shoulder, Liam waited for Nate to pull out the tickets and give them to the guy at the door. It was something he really liked about this particular theater. They didn't even let you in the doors unless you had paid to see a movie. Once they were through, Liam pulled his arm back and dug through his pockets to grab out his wallet as he flashed a smile at Nate. "I'm getting the biggest popcorn they have and I can't promise you'll get much of it if you try," he laughed as he approached the line and looked up at the menu. "What are you getting? No holds bar. You got the tickets so I get to get the snacks. Maybe I'll get a pack of Sour Patch Kids too..."

© kristen
PM
^
NATHANIEL MARTIN
 Posted: Oct 9 2014, 01:43 AM
years old
barista
homosexual
Single
4 posts
coming soon
college student

user posted image

Nate’s lungs might as well have collapsed onto the words he voiced. His body was reacting in new, unpredictable patterns he had never experienced before, and the tension between he and Liam could only be to blame. Feelings always complicated the purest friendships, deteriorated them until only the ashes of a functional relationship remained. Nate couldn’t speak on Liam’s behalf, but at least in his mind, preserving their current friendship outweighed the risks of pursuing a relationship set up for failure. That explained why he added that stupid tidbit to his embarrassing confession. Figured it would be faster. Who the hell said that? No one sane. Or no one at all.

Nate ran his tongue across his front teeth. Smooth. Real smooth. Pretty soon any credibility he had stored up in Liam’s good graces would be spent. Really, the guy could only tolerate so much before he completely wrote off Nathaniel Martin as one crazy son of a bitch, right? Liam didn’t seem too fazed by Nate’s advance, and when Liam returned to his side and hooked an arm across his broad shoulders, Nate’s perplexity soared sky high. Friendly or flirting? That was the million dollar question, Nate concluded, and upon that foundation he vowed to stop thinking. Today he would shut down his hyperactive doubt and force himself to enjoy each movement of their outing in stride. Easier said than done, he assumed. Regardless, he accepted the challenge.

How hard could it be? Extremely so. No faster than the pair could walk in was Nate’s mind running a mile a minute again. Liam was covering snacks? No, that wasn’t on the agenda, but then again, neither was Nate covering Liam’s ticket. Fuck! The slender wallet in Nate’s back pocket threatened to burn a hole right through the denim pocket. Every instinct in his body sounded alarms to protest Liam’s chivalry, and there wasn’t a single action Nate could think of to at least turn down the volume. Nothing at all! And so he suffered in silence.

Liam cracked a joke about hogging the popcorn, Nate smiled. Liam glanced up at the menu, Nate glanced around with his hands securely in his pockets. “What are you getting?” The question was inevitably directed to him. “I’m fine with popcorn and Sour Patch Kids,” Nate insisted. The less to eat the better. Already his appetite had been completely wiped out and he was trying to sort out why. Suddenly the dark, projector-lit room couldn’t come fast enough. At this point the voiceless silence of the monster movies was Nate’s only hope of a reprieve.

PM
^
LIAM JAMISON
 Posted: Oct 11 2014, 06:48 PM
years old
college junior
homosexual
Single
11 posts
na
college student

i'll wait for you always
Liam didn't like feeling as though he was out of his element. He didn't like when things were unsettled and unplanned. He had come into the...whatever it is without knowing whether or not it was a date and that threw him off enough. Now he had no idea how to handle the way the air felt between them. It was almost like Nate was just as nervous as him. And if Nat was nervous then did that mean he was wondering the same thing Liam was? Did he wonder if this was a date or not? God, he hoped he thought it was. There was very little Liam wanted more in the world at the moment then for Nate to feel the same way. He spent so much time wishing for the perfect guy to come along and then Nate stumbled into his life and he could finally see someone he could hand his heart over. If only he knew whether or not the feelings were reciprocated.

Looking over at Nate, Liam took him in for a moment before shaking his head. "Come on man, I just told you I can't make any promises that you'll get any popcorn. Do you honestly think I'll be able to share my sour patch kids?" He was joking, of course. If Nate wanted something, he would easily hand it over in a heartbeat. That's how far gone he was for the other male. He wouldn't think twice. "There's gotta be something you want. I would have bought those two items anyway. What do you want? We gotta get some drinks too." Liam leaned into Nate's shoulder with his own before turning his eyes forward to the menu yet again. He didn't want to pressure Nate into something he didn't want, but there was nothing Liam hated more than being indebted to someone. That was an issue with the way he grew up and really had nothing to do with Nate, but it affected every aspect of Liam's life and by extension everyone he surrounds himself with.

Once they had reached the front of the line and Liam had gotten everything ordered and paid for, he handed Nate a couple things to carry before snatching napkins and straws for the two of them. "Shall we?" He gestured an elbow in the direction of the room where the movies were being played. Despite having been a few minutes late, the two of them were actually a little early for the marathon itself so the theater had a lot of good seating options left. "I usually like to sit all the way in the back in the very middle of the row. But I can sit wherever you want, so lead the way," Liam smiled brightly at Nate and waited for him to pick out where they sat. Once they had reached their seats, Liam made himself comfortable, slouching down a little in the seat so he could rest his head against the back of the seat comfortably. "Do you know what movie is first? It's been a while since I've seen a good, old fashion monster movie. Kind of psyched, not gonna lie."

© kristen
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

skinned exclusively for repent & repeat by lauz.